Welcoming a new decade: The 2020 goals I'm tackling as a female entrepreneur

A new decade is here and I have never been so eager to not only see something end but to also see what the following years have to offer. Towards the end of 2018 and all throughout 2019 was quite possibly one of the hardest yet rewarding times of my life. I went through heartache, I experienced loss, and I was pushed outside of my comfort zone more than I personally would have liked. On the other side, I was given the opportunity to meet new faces whom I now speak to on a daily basis, I have a strong relationship with my husband and say what I am grateful each and every morning. 16-year-old Megan would be speechless. 

I'm not one to make a long list of resolutions at the beginning of the year because I know myself too well; and if I'm being honest, the term 'resolutions' just doesn't sit right with me. I used to create these long and unrealistic goal lists (you know, the ones that include working out and speaking to that one relative after a long time..) and that list always seemed to get misplaced into the trash by the end of the week. 

This year, I'm doing things my way.


Here are my goals for the new 2020 year:

Be consistent with everything I do.

My main focus this year is to be consistent with everything I do. I am not only speaking about my work and the content that I produce, but I am also speaking about being a more consistent person in general. The person who follows through with work goals and projects. The one who checks in with friends, because I don't know about you, but I am tired of using the excuse "well they don't reach out to me" because, in the end, it takes two. If I can work on my end of the relationship, then at least I can say I worked my ass off to make it happen regardless of the end results. 

Logging off. 

With some practice, of course, I want to get more strict with myself about working during the hours I set aside for work and logging off when it's time to give my family and friends the time they truly deserve. When it comes down to it, to completely switch out of work mode is extremely difficult for some of us. When you work from home, the work doesn't really stop. There is always something that could be getting done, but at the end of the day, you cannot get moments back. After losing my brother at the end of 2018, this is something I am enforcing in my life with full force. 

Leading with Love. 

We are not machines, we are human beings. Something I am aiming for this year is teaching my team how to love themselves with their entire being and to show up each and every day with a smile on their face. I will never look at anyone as a dollar sign but as an opportunity to build a new relationship. I genuinely think the universe has your back when your intentions are true and pure.

Happy new year everyone, make it count.


Follow me on the gram to keep up with daily updates this year! @meganstarness